Real ID Act
The Real ID Act of 2005 is an Act of Congress that establishes requirements that driver licenses and identification cards issued by U.S. states and territories must satisfy to... Wikipedia
- Long title: An Act to establish and rapidly implement regulations for state driver's license and identification document security standards, to prevent terrorists from abusing the asylum laws of the United States, to unify terrorism-related grounds for inadmissibility and removal, and to ensure expeditious construction of the San Diego border fence.
- Enacted by: the 109th United States Congress
- Effective: Immigration provisions, May 11, 2005, Identification document provisions, May 11, 2008 (original), April 21, 2014–January 22, 2018 (partial), May 7, 2025 (full)
- Public law: 109-13
- Statutes at Large: 119 Stat. 302
- Acts repealed: Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act §§ 5402, 5403, 7212
- U.S.C. sections amended: Immigration provisions, 8 U.S.C.
- Data source: DuckDuckGo