The 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 is getting a bump successful powerfulness and scope positive a caller thrust and handling package, portion a caller flagship variant volition bring much tech.
The archetypal of the updated models get successful October, with prices for the carryover Dynamiq and Techniq up by $2100 and $2000, respectively.
All models get a larger 77.4kWh lithium-ion battery, replacing the aged 72.6kWh unit, which bumps scope successful the rear-wheel thrust Dynamiq from 481km to 507km and successful all-wheel thrust models from 430km to 454km.
Power is up, too, with RWD models present producing 168kW of powerfulness and 350Nm of torque and AWD models producing 239kW and 605Nm – the erstwhile up by 8kW, the second up by 14kW.
All models get a caller thrust and handling package, and Hyundai says instrumentality control, bump absorption and assemblage power were cardinal focuses for its engineers. It promises a ‘perfect’ blend of thrust comfortableness and engaging dynamics “no substance the roadworthy oregon roadworthy surface”.
The caller Epiq model, disposable lone with dual-motor all-wheel drive, sits atop the scope and debuts a trio of features for the Australian market.
Digital Side Mirrors, similar those successful the related Genesis GV60, task camera footage from extracurricular the car onto 2 dedicated OLED displays successful the cabin. They’re said to trim unsighted spots, portion the outer camera units trim aerodynamic drag.
A caller high-efficiency vigor pump strategy provides the compartment heating, incorporating discarded vigor vigor from different systems to lukewarm the cabin.
Finally, artillery conditioning is said to amended some driving and DC charging show successful colder climates. By mounting a DC charger arsenic your navigation destination, you tin pre-heat the artillery to guarantee the quickest imaginable charge.
The adjacent batch of Ioniq 5s volition beryllium disposable to bid online from 26 October, 2022 astatine 1pm AEDT.
Over 200 cars volition beryllium disposable crossed Dynamiq and Techniq trims, crossed each states and territories barroom the Northern Territory.
The caller Epiq flagship, however, won’t beryllium included successful this batch. Hyundai says it’s owed successful precocious 2022.
Servicing intervals person been extended from 12 months oregon 15,000km to 24 months oregon 30,000km, whichever comes first.
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Dynamiq RWD: $72,000 (+$2100)
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Techniq AWD: $79,500 (+$2000)
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Epiq AWD: $85,000 (new)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The entry-level 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Dynamiq is exclusively powered by a azygous electrical centrifugal that produces 168kW of powerfulness and 350Nm of torque. Drive is sent to the rear wheels only.
The Ioniq 5 Techniq and Epiq person a dual-motor all-wheel thrust powertrain with full strategy outputs of 239kW and 605Nm.
Both powertrains usage a 77.4kWh lithium-ion polymer artillery battalion that’s mounted beneath the level floorpan.
The 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 has 507km of scope connected the stricter WLTP trial rhythm successful rear-wheel thrust guise and 454km with all-wheel drive.
All Ioniq 5 models enactment a 400V and 800V charging infrastructure.
Hyundai claims it’ll instrumentality 18 minutes to complaint from 10 to 80 per cent utilizing a 350kW ultra-fast DC charger, oregon 73 minutes with a 50kW accelerated charger.
A 10 to 100 per cent complaint utilizing a 7kW AC charger volition instrumentality 11 hours and 45 minutes.
The 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 measures 4635mm long, 1605mm gangly and 1890mm wide, excluding the mirrors, and has a 3000mm wheelbase.
With the rear seats upright the rear-wheel thrust Ioniq 5 has a rear footwear capableness of 527L, arsenic good arsenic a 57L beforehand footwear and a 9.4L sliding glovebox.
The all-wheel thrust Ioniq 5 has the aforesaid footwear and glovebox capacities, but has a smaller 25L beforehand boot.
Servicing and Warranty
The Ioniq 5 is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre conveyance warranty positive an eight-year, 160,000km high-voltage artillery warranty.
Servicing is required each 24 months oregon 30,000km, whichever comes first. The archetypal 3 services are capped astatine $570, $1090 and $570, respectively.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 has a five-star information standing from ANCAP, which is based connected investigating conducted successful October 2021.
It earned its five-star standing connected backmost of a 88 per cent people for big occupant protection, 87 per cent for kid occupant protection, 63 per cent for susceptible roadworthy idiosyncratic protection, and 89 per cent for information assist.
Standard information instrumentality crossed the Ioniq 5 scope includes:
- Seven airbags
- Blind-spot assist
- Driver attraction warning
- Leading conveyance departure alert
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Following Assist (lane centering)
- Surround-view camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Rear occupant alert
- Safe beryllium assist
- Adaptive cruise power with halt & go, and instrumentality learning
- Tyre unit monitoring
- Rear autonomous exigency braking (AEB)
The frontal autonomous exigency braking (AEB) feature, which Hyundai calls Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, includes the pursuing functionality:
- Car, pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Junction turning and crossing assist
- Lane-change oncoming and broadside assist
- Evasive steering assist
The Dynamiq comes with the pursuing modular features:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- 235/55 Michelin Primacy 4 tyres
- Tyre repair kit
- Automatic LED headlights
- Auto high-beam
- LED process and rear operation lights
- Acoustic laminated windscreen
- Acoustic laminated broadside doorway glass
- Solar power windscreen
- Privacy glass
- Heated and powerfulness folding broadside mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Power tailgate
- Gloss achromatic model and reflector trim
- Satin chrome doorway and bumper trim
- Liquid metallic assemblage cladding
- Liquid metallic beforehand and rear skid plates
- 12.3-inch integer instrumentality cluster
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment cluster
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Multi-Bluetooth connection
- Bose eight-speaker premium dependable system
- Head-up show with augmented world mode
- Dual-zone clime power with car defog
- Rear aerial vents
- Cabin aerial filter
- PTC electrical heater
- Adjustable LED interior ambient lighting
- Sliding centre console
- Wireless telephone charger
- Paddle shifters
- Keyless introduction with push-button start
- Remote start
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- Two beforehand USB-A charging ports
- Two rear USB-A charging ports
- One beforehand 12V socket
- One rear 12V socket
- Auto up/down beforehand windows
- Convenience beforehand model open/close
- Rear doors/windows powerfulness kid lock
- Virtual Engine Sound System (VESS)
- Portable exigency charging carble
- Vehicle to Load (V2L) relation inside
- V2L relation outside
- Leather-appointed eco processed upholstery
- 10-way electrical beforehand seats with two-way lumbar support
- Heated beforehand seats
- 60:40 divided fold rear spot with recline function
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Premium bio PET carpet
- Alloy sill plates
- Alloy pedals
The Techniq adds the following:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- 255/45 Michelin Pilot Sport EV tyres
- Under-bonnet insulator
- Rear doorway sunshades
- Premium relaxation beforehand seats with memory
- Ventilated beforehand seats
- Two-way powerfulness rear seats
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
The Epiq adds:
- Panoramic solid roof
- High-efficiency vigor pump
- Battery conditioning
- Digital Side Mirrors
Matte overgarment is simply a $1000 enactment crossed the range.